5th Grade Everyday Mathematics
Mathematics is taught using the standards-based curriculum of Everyday Mathematics. The instruction is designed to capitalize on students’ interests in order to maximize student learning. Students are given a daily opportunity to manipulate various teaching tools to formulate and understand mathematical concepts. Students are encouraged to discover multiple ways to solve a problem. Class discussion and cooperative learning are integral components of the program. Skills are evaluated daily through oral and written performances. Written assessments are also administered at the completion of each unit.
- · Area and Volume
- · Whole Number Place Value and Operations
- · Fraction Concepts, Addition and Subtraction
- · Decimal Concepts; Coordinate Grids
- · Operations with Fractions
- · Investigations in Measurement; Decimal Multiplication and Division