System Requirements/Tech Specs
Basic requirements for all MyMathLab for School courses:
- Internet connection: Cable/DSL, T1, or other high-speed for multimedia content; 56k modem (minimum) for tutorials, homework, and testing.
- Memory: 1 GB RAM minimum (2 GB or more recommended)
- Monitor resolution: 1024 x 768
- Plug-ins: You may need certain plug-ins and players from the MyMathLab Browser Check(also found inside your course)
Operating system and device requirements:
All MyMathLab for School courses support both Windows or Macintosh operating systems and a supported version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. System requirements may vary depending on your course. To check the requirements for your specific course:
- Go to the MyMathLab Browser Check.
- Select your textbook from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
- Click the System Requirements link on the first page of the Browser Check to review what you need.
Configuring Third Party Cookie Settings -
To enable cookies for Internet Explorer:
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options
- In the Internet Options window, click the Privacy tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Set your cookie handling as follows:
- Select Override Automatic Cookie Handling.
- Accept 1st party cookies.
- Accept 3rd party cookies.
- Select the checkbox "Always allow session cookies."
To enable cookies for Firefox:
- From the Firefox menu, choose Tools>Options(PC) or Firefox>Preferences(Mac).
- At the top of the window, click the Privacy icon.
- In the Cookies section of the window:
- Make sure "Accept cookies from sites" is checked.
- Make sure "Accept third-party cookies" is checked (Firefox 3 only).
- From the "Keep until" dropdown list, choose either "they expire" or "I close Firefox".
- Click OK to save your settings.
To enable cookies for Safari:
- From the Safari menu, select Preferences.
- At the top of the window, click the Security lock icon.
- Under Accept Cookies, make sure "Always" is selected.
- Dismiss the Advanced window.