Declaration of Independence Internet Scavenger Hunt WebQuest
Directions: Use the links provided to answer the questions on a word document or lined paper.
Use this link to answer questions 1-5:
- Who appointed the committee of men to write the Declaration of Independence?
- Name the five men who wrote the Declaration of Independence:
- ___________________________ wrote the first draft of the Declaration of Independence.
- What was the main purpose of the Declaration of Independence?
- When was the Declaration of Independence signed? (Bonus point, how many people signed?)
- Use this link to answer questions 6 and 7: http://www.ducksters.com/history/declaration_of_independence.php
- Which state chose not to vote on accepting the Declaration of Independence?
- Write down one “Fun Fact” about the Declaration.
Use this link to answer questions 8-14:
- The Declaration of Independence has _________ parts.
- The first part is called the __________________.
- This tells ____________________________________________________________________
- The second part of the Declaration of Independence lists __________________________________________________________________________________.
- Name the three rights that all people should have.
- The Declaration of Independence states that the 13 colonies are __________________________________________________.
14. Use the above website to create a timeline of the 5 events you believe had the greatest role in shaping American independence. These events should fall between 1763 and 1783. Create a timeline a separate sheet of paper, describe in one sentence how EACH event shaped American independence. For example: 1760- the ascension of King George to the throne shaped American independence because he was the monarch who tightened control on the colonies, causing them to rebel.