Our Mission: To improve the quality of life for students, staff and families of the Wedgwood Elementary School in the Washington Township School District community through education, activity-centered programs and the development of a school environment that supports wellness.
Our Vision: To develop in each student a degree of appreciation that allows each to share in the richness of a healthy and active life thus becoming a more productive citizen.
NO BAKE ENERGY BITES
These delicious little no bake energy bites are the perfect healthy snack!
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or (SunButter if allergic to peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.*
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1" in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
*Prep time listed does not include time for the mixture to chill. To speed up the chilling, I recommend spreading the mixture out on a baking sheet, then covering it with plastic wrap and refrigerating.