Students are required to complete the following homework every night, unless told otherwise.
1. Read a book (on Lexile level from class) for 15 minutes
2. Students will complete a reading log based on what they just read
3. Parents/guardians should sign the reading log to acknowledge that they have seen the neatness and completion of the homework
4. Bring the take-home reading binder to class daily, with the completed reading log & book inside
*If students choose to read a book from home, they must pick a book with a Lexile level between 100 below or 50 above their actual current Lexile level. You may use www.lexile.com or the bookwizard on www.scholastic.com to search the Lexile level of the chosen book. Books from home must first be approved by the teacher.
1. Students will also have a spelling log with 5 words to complete each night
2. During class, students will write down any study words from the Read180 software if they have any. These words will be copied and written 7x each.
3. If they do not have 5 words from the software or if students have extra space on their chart, students will find additional words from their topic software to fill their chart and copy 7x each.