READ 180 grades come from multiple activities, including some of the following:
- learning activities on the READ 180 Software (reading, comprehension, vocabulary, spelling, word recognition, and writing)
- student work in our Reading Corner (modeled and independent reading - IDR)
- responses to texts, including our interactive student text--the rBook
- class participation and work habits
- Reading Counts! quizzes based on IDR/HW books
- periodic homework assignments that reinforce skills and concepts taught in class
In a typical marking period, grades are input 3 times throughout the marking period. Please be aware that extended breaks and testing may cause a change in the number of times that grades are put in Power School.