Chestnut Ridge Olympics Unit Study Guide
• Side Line Football: to pass or run the ball into the end zone for a touchdown.
• Tug Of War: to pull your opponent by carrying the flag past a designated line.
• Whiffle Ball: to outscore your opponent by advancing runners around the bases.
• 50/100 m Dash/Team Relay 50/100 dash is to race against the clock at top speed. 50 is up across gym floor. 100 is up and back across gym floor. Team Relay is the entire team participates by running up and back across gym floor for the fastest time.
• Baton/Team Relay: Baton relay includes the 2 fastest boys and the 2 fastest girls for your country. Each player goes around the gym for one lap trying to get the fastest time. Team relay is again one lap with everyone from your country participating.
• Team Handball: to outscore your opponent by passing and scoring with our team mates. Players may run with the ball for 3 steps and hold the ball for 5 seconds while trying to score a goal.
• Obstacle Course: entire team goes through the course attempting to get the lowest time and with as few penalties as possible.
• Scooter Polo: using scooters and a polo stick, teams try to outscore their opponents by hitting the ball into the goal cage.
• Team Shoot Out: try to make as many baskets as possible in a 2 –4 minutes time period.
• King Pin: eliminate your opponent by hitting them below waist and or hitting down their pins. Team with most pins left at end of time wins the game.
• Mat Pass: pass the mat down the length of the gym and or back while lying on your back and passing the mat over your head/chest area.
• Team Knockout: eliminate your opponents by making your shot in before they do.
• Scooter Handball: outscore your opponents by using your scooter to pass and shoot at goal cage for 1 point or in basketball net for 2 points.
• Crab Soccer: staying in a crab position, kick the big ball into the goal area.
• Sideline Soccer: outscore your opponents by using your soccer skills to pass and or shoot at goal cage for 1 point.
• Relays: using various equipment, move up and back across the gym floor. Examples- (scooters, football, dribble basketball)
• Shoot and Boot: to outscore your opponent by passing and scoring with our team mates. Players may run with the ball for 3 steps and hold the ball for 5 seconds while trying to score a goal for 1 point. Players may also shoot at the basketball net for 2 points.
TEAMS IN THE P.E. OLYMPIC UNIT
TEAM SCORING IN THE OLYMPICS
1ST PLACE = 3 POINTS
2ND PLACE = 2 POINTS
3RD PLACE = 1 POINT