Washington Township High School
Community Employment Experience (C.E.E.)
Competency and Curriculum Requirements
Course Description: Community Employment Experience (C.E.E.) is a community-based School to Work Program which provides an opportunity for classified students to gain work experience in skilled or semi-skilled occupations through school supervised on the job training.
This course is divided into two (2) parts: (No partial credit is given)
- Related Community Employment Experience Curriculum/ class which is held Sept-June, (5 credits).
- On-the-job training based on weekly assigned work week beyond school hours. Work hours may include weekend work. Weekly evaluation of hours, attendance, behavior and performances are required to receive credits. (10 credits)
(Student needs special approval to work at a family owned business that is operated out of their residence.)
- Obtain and have completed N.J. State Department of Education/Combined Certification
(working papers) if under 18 years of age or if employer policies request of “Students
- Suitable means for own transportation to and from work station and school.
- Complete the Student Car Permission Form and Understanding of Rules (if applicable).
- Read and sign the C.E.E. Agreement for student and parental awareness of the rules and
Attendance: As established by W.T.H.S. board of Education Policy.
Classroom – 5 credits Job Site – 10 credits
* Remote Instruction will be delieverd using Schoology: https://wtps.schoology.com