Week 1: March 17th-March 20th Lesson
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's First Grade Online Lessons:
The Bug Collection:
In this lesson First Grade will be collecting/creating insects.
Before we start let's watch a couple of videos about insects:
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do)
- Fold it in half vertically, then fold it in half horizontally so there are 4 sections.
- Hold the paper vertically.
- In each section draw three large shapes for the body parts.
- Insects have three body parts: Head, Thorax, and Abdomen.
- The body parts can be made out of various shapes such as a square, circle, triangle, oval, or diamond.
- Each drawing should be bigger than your hand (you will not be able to cover it).
- All insects have six legs, so draw six legs on each thorax.
- Each insect might have pinchers or jaws in the front, draw those.
- Each insect will have antennas, draw those on the head.
- Add shapes and lines on the insect to create cool designs.
- Once you are done drawing your insects , color them in completely using various colors.
- You may color the insects in crayon, magic markers, or color pencils (whatever supplies you have at home).
- Use only four or five colors for each Insect.
- Color the background a color you have not used to color the insect.
Here is an Example:
Have fun collecting and creating your insects!