Week 2: March 23rd-March 27th Lesson:
Please remember, have your first and last name, teacher's name, and grade when you email me. Thanks.
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's Second Grade Online Lessons:
In this lesson Second Grade will be creating their own Face Designs.
Please read all instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do).
- Hold the paper horizontally and fold paper in half.
- Fold paper in half vertically so you will have 4 sections.
- In each section you will draw a face-(eye brows, eyes, nose, and mouth) using only shapes.
- Shapes: squares, circles, diamonds, ovals, stars, rectangles, triangles, jagged, wavy.
- Think of what expression you would like your face to show.
- You can draw your own faces or pick from the collection of faces below.
- Draw only two different types of faces.
- One face is A.
- One face is B.
- Put face A in the upper left section and bottom right of your paper.
- Put face B in the upper right section and bottom left of your paper. (See Example)
- Once you are done drawing your faces, you may color them.
- Face is A is a warm color (red, orange, yellow).
- Face is B is a cool color (blue, green, purple).
- Pick only one warm color and one cool color for each face.
- You may color the faces in crayon, magic markers, or color pencils (whatever supplies you have at home will be fine)
- Remember: once you are finished with artwork take a picture of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here is a collection of many types of faces to pick from:
If you are up for a challenge instead of just creating four faces, maybe try drawing sixteen faces.
- Have fun creating your Face Design, I can't wait to see them!