Week 2: March 23rd-March 27th Lesson
Please remember, have your first and last name, teacher's name, and grade when you email me. Thanks.
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's Third Grade Online Lessons:
Andy Warhol, POP ART, & Campbell Soup Cans:
In this lesson Third Grade will be creating their own Pop Art: Campbell Soup Cans. Andy Warhol was an artist and a leader of the Pop Art movement in the 1960s. He painted comic book characters, Campbell's soup cans, and images of famous celebrities of the time such as Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Kennedy. In addition to commercial art, Warhol wrote several film scripts.
Before we start let's watch a couple of videos about Andy Warhol-Pop Art:
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do)
- Hold the paper vertically.
- Draw a large soup can (see images)
- Carefully draw the can's top of the lid and the lable.
- Create your own soup flavors.
- Instead of Tomato Soup maybe Unicorn Soup
- Instead of Cream of Mushroom Soup maybe Witches's Brew Soup
- Instead of Chicken Noodle Soup maybe Pokemon Soup
- Instead of Onion Soup maybe Superman Soup
- Instead of Beef Noodle Soup maybe Thunder Cloud Soup
- Instead of Green Pea Soup maybe Stone Soup
- Instead of Clam Chowder Soup maybe Mermaid Soup
- Once you are done drawing your Campbell's soup can, color the soup can in completely as well as the background.
- You may color the Campbell's Soup Cans in crayon, magic markers, or color pencils (whatever supplies you have at home).
- Use only four or five colors for each soup can.
- Color the background a color you have not used in your soup can.
- I can't wait to see crazy pop art soup cans!
- Remember: once you are finished with artwork take a picture of it and email it to email@example.com I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here are examples:
Have fun collecting and creating your Andy Warhol Soup Cans!