Week 3: March 30th-April 3rd Lesson
Please remember, include your first and last name, teacher's name, and grade when you email me. Thanks!
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's First Grade Online Lessons:
DRAWING AND CREATING SUPER HEROES:
When I was a child around your age I use to read DC and Marvel Comic Books. I collected and read about my favorite super heroes such as the X-Men, the Avengers, Iron Man, Black Panther, Thor, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and my favorite super hero - Captain America. I would study how artists such as Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Jim Lee would create their wonderful characters. I started to draw and copy their drawings. This helped me to learn how to be an artist. I would also create my own super heroes. This is what I would like you to do in this lesson...copy and create your own super hero. Just keep it simple and do your best.
Before we start let's watch a couple of videos about drawing simple super heroes. You do not have to watch all of these videos, you may pick and choose what you would like to check out:
How to Draw Spiderman:
How to Draw Superman:
How to Draw Wonder Woman:
How to Draw Super Girl:
How to Draw Captain America:
How to Draw Iron Man:
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do)
- Hold the paper vertically.
- Fold the paper in half, if you would like to draw 2 super heroes.
- You may draw any of the super heroes found on these videos or you may create one of your own. You deside.
Creating Your Own Super Hero:
- EXAMPLES: "What super powers does you hero possess?"
- The ability to fly.
- The ability to run fast.
- The ability to be invisible.
- To have super strenghth.
- The ability to control the weather.
- The ability to control objects with your mind.
- The ability to change into different animals.
- Carefully draw your super hero in the center of the paper. (See examples)
- Draw your character large enough so that your hand can not cover it.
- Think of about the details you would like to include in your drawing.
- Once you are done drawing your super hero, color your character in completely as well as the background.
- You may use any colors you would like.
- You may color your super hero in crayon, magic markers, water color, or color pencils (whatever supplies you have at home).
- When you color the background use bright colors.
Name your super hero:
- "Bunny Girl"
- "Bird Man"
- "Unicorn Girl"
- "Lava Man"
- "Shark Boy"
- "Thunder Crack!"
- I can't wait to see the cool super heroes you create!
- Remember: once you are finished with your artwork take a picture of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the students name and teacher's name and grade. I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here are a few examples of super heroes that you may choose to draw:
Here are some drawing examples:
If you feel like it, instead of drawing the super heroes above you might want to try drawing some classic super heroes.These are a little harder to draw but are just as fun.
How to Draw Classic Super Heroes:
Have fun creating your Super Heroes!