Weeks 4 & 5: (April 6-10) (April 20-24) Lessons
UPDATE: Week of April 20th-24th is "CATCH-UP WEEK". Try to have all work completed from Lessons Weeks 1-4. When you email me a picture of your art work at email@example.com , make sure you include your First and Last Name, Teacher's Name, and Grade.
Please remember, include your first and last name, teacher's name, and grade when you email them to me. Thanks!
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's Second Grade Online Lessons:
Drawing Cool Cat:
Cats have very strong personalities. What if your cat wanted to go out and get a job? Like "Puss-N-Boots"? What career would they choose? Police Officer? Nurse? Construction Worker? Teacher? Doctor? Decide what your Cool Cat would wear to do their job.
Before we start let's watch a couple of videos about drawing simple cats. You do not have to watch all of these videos, you may pick and choose what you would like to check out:
How to draw a Cat
Jobs and Careers for Kids
(look at what kind of clothes the people in a career are wearing)
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do).
- Hold the paper vertically.
- Optional: Fold the paper in half, if you would like to draw 2 cool cats.
- You may draw any of the cats found on these videos or you may create one of your own, you decide.
Creating Your Own "Cool Cat":
- EXAMPLES: "Cats With A Career"
- Football Players
- Construction Workers
- Police Officers
- Carefully draw your cat in the center of the paper. (See examples)
- Draw your "Cool Cat" large enough so that your hand can not cover it.
- Think about the details you would like to include in your drawing to show what kind of job they have (clothing, tools, etc).
- Once you are done drawing your "Cool Cat", color your character in completely as well as the background.
- You may use any colors you would like.
- You may color your "Cool Cat" in crayon, magic markers, water color, or color pencils (whatever supplies you have at home).
- Use bright colors to color in the background.
- I can't wait to see the "Cool Cats" you create!
- Remember: once you are finished with your artwork take a picture of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the students name and teacher's name and grade. I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here are a few examples of how to draw cats step by step:
Here are some Cats with Careers drawing examples:
Have fun creating your Cool Cats!