Week 6: April 27th-May 1st, 2020 Lessons
Important: When you email me a picture of your art work at email@example.com , make sure you include your First and Last Name, Teacher's Name, and Grade.
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's Fourth Grade Online Lessons:
Creating Victor Vasarely OP ART:
Op Art: a form of abstract art that gives the illusion of movement by the precise use of pattern and color, or in which conflicting patterns emerge and overlap. Victor Vasarely is one of it's most famous artists.
Before we start let's watch a couple of videos about drawing simple op art. You do not have to watch all of these videos, you may pick and choose what you would like to check out:
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do).
- Hold the paper vertically.
- Fold the paper in half, if you would like to draw 2 op art designs.
- Carefully follow the directions found in these videos.
- Draw with a pencil and ruler to create a grid using lines.
- Draw a straight grid 5 squares by 5 squares (5x5).
- Lay the ruler on the paper and draw vertical lines using the width of the ruler.
- Next draw the line horizontally using the width of the ruler drawing across the paper.
- Make a design using circles and smaller squares in the grid. The design can be an X, bulls eye, a checker board or a spiral. (See examples)
- Draw your design in the center of the paper.
- Draw your op art design large enough so that your hand can not cover it.
- Once you are done drawing your op art design, color it in completely.
- When coloring your grid use warm and cool colors.
- Warm Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow
- Cool Colors: Blue, Purple, Green
- You may color your op art in crayon, magic markers, water color, or color pencils (whatever supplies you have at home).
- I can't wait to see the cool Op Art designs you create!
Remember: once you are finished with your artwork take a picture of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the students name and teacher's name and grade. I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here are a Few Examples of Victor Vasarely OP ART :
Here are Some Drawing Examples:
Have fun creating your Victor Vasarely OP ART!