Week 6: April 27th-May 1st, 2020 Lessons
Important: When you email me a picture of your art work at email@example.com , make sure you include your First and Last Name, Teacher's Name, and Grade.
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's Fifth Grade Online Lessons:
Creating OP ART HAND:
Op Art: a form of abstract art that gives the illusion of movement by the precise use of pattern and color, or in which conflicting patterns emerge and overlap.
Before we start let's watch a couple of videos about drawing a simple op art hand. You do not have to watch all of these videos, you may pick and choose what you would like to check out:
OP ART HAND
Op Art Hand How To Video:
Op Art Hand Tutorial:
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do).
- Hold the paper vertically.
- Carefully follow the directions found in these videos.
- Trace your hand with a pencil.
- Draw horizontal lines using a ruler.
- Connect the horizontal lines with curved lines.
- Trace curved lines with a dark colored marker.
- Use more colors until the paper is filled with lines.
- Fill any gaps with colored lines.
- Option: You may add an additional color to the background only- this will help make your hand pop.
- Draw your op art hand in the center of the paper.
- Draw your op art hand large enough so that your hand can not cover it.
- Once you are done drawing your op art design, color it in completely.
- You may use any colors you would like.
- You may color your op art hand in crayon, magic markers, water color, or color pencils (whatever supplies you have at home).
- I can't wait to see the cool Op Art Hand designs you create!
Remember: once you are finished with your artwork take a picture of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the students name and teacher's name and grade. I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here are a few examples of OP ART that you may choose to draw:
Here are some drawing examples:
Have fun creating your OP ART HAND!