Week 7: May 4th-8th 2020 Lessons
Important: When you email me a picture of your art work at email@example.com, make sure you include your First and Last Name, Teacher's Name, and Grade.
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's Fifth Grade Online Lessons:
Creating Graffiti Name Art:
Before we start, let's watch a couple of videos about drawing a Graffiti Name. You do not have to watch all of these videos, you may pick and choose which you would like to check out:
How to Draw Bubble Letters in Graffiti Name Art:
How to Draw Graffiti Bubble Letters ABC
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do).
- Hold the paper horizontally.
- Draw your graffiti name in the center of the paper.
- Draw your graffiti name large enough so that your hand can not cover it.
- Neatly and lightly print in lines of the letters of your first or last name.
- Draw the oval around the lines.
- Another way to create lettering: Boxes may be drawn around the letter lines for block lettering.
- Trace the outer line with a black magic marker.
- Next draw a shadow around the letters (see example).
- Fill in the shadow with black or dark blue magic marker.
- Next draw reflection marks (see example).
- Optional: You may add additional shapes or colors inside your letters to create a pattern or design.
- Once you are done drawing your graffiti name, color it in completely.
- You may use any colors you would like.
- You may color your graffiti name in crayon, magic markers, water color, or color pencils (whatever supplies you have at home).
- I can't wait to see the cool graffiti name designs you create!
Remember: once you are finished with your artwork take a picture of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the students name and teacher's name and grade. I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here are a few style examples of Graffiti Names that you may choose to draw:
Here are some Graffiti Name drawing examples:
Have fun creating your Graffiti Name!