Week 7: May 4th-8th 2020 Lessons
When you email me a picture of your art work at email@example.com , make sure you include your First and Last Name, Teacher's Name, and Grade.
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's Second Grade Online Lessons:
The Wayne Thiebaud's Dessert Paintings:
Wayne Thiebaud is an American painter known for his colorful works depicting commonplace objects such pies, ice cream cones, cakes and hot dogs, as well as his landscapes and figure paintings.
In this lesson, Second Grade will be drawing a dessert found in a Wayne Thiebaud's paintings. Before we start let's this watch a video about Wayne Thiebaud:
Wayne Thiebaud - YouTube
Life and History of Wayne Thiebaud - YouTube
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do).
- Hold the paper vertically.
- Draw a dessert in the center of the paper (see examples).
- Draw a large oval underneath of the dessert to creating a saucer.
- Optional: Draw wallpaper-patterned shapes to create a background design.
- Optional: Draw tablecloth-patterned shapes to create a tablecloth design.
- Optional Shape Examples:
- squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, diamonds, ovals, stars, and hearts.
- Once you are done drawing your desserts, color them in completely using various colors.
- You may color the dessert drawing in crayon, magic markers, or color pencils, or oil pastels (whatever supplies you have at home).
- Use as many colors as you like for your drawing.
- I can't wait to see the beautiful Wayne Thiebaud's Desserts!
Remember: once you are finished with your artwork take a picture of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the students name and teacher's name and grade. I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here are Examples:
Enjoy creating your Wayne Thiebaud's Desserts.