We are learning ...
1) To know how to go to the shelf and select a book.
2) To know proper book care.
3) To know the terms "fiction" and "non fiction"
4) To know what an author and illustrator does.5) Study the following author / illustrators: Marc Brown, Tomie DePaola, Eric Carle, and Lois Ehlert
1) Review book care.
2) To know the following book parts: cover, spine and title page.
3) To learn about the Caldecott winners.
4) To understand how a library is arranged and to be able to locate an "Easy Fiction " book.
1) To be know how use a computer to locate books in a library.
2) To know the following book parts: title page, table of content, and index.
3) To know the terms : main character, supporting character, setting and plot.
4) To be able to use a dictionary.5) To be able to locate a fiction book
1) Review how to use the computer to locate materials in the library.
2) To be able to go to the computer look up a fiction or non fiction book, find the book's call number and then go to the shelves and locate the book.
3) To know the following parts of a book: title page, bibliography, index, table of content, spine, cover, text, glossary and preface.
4) To know how to write a bibliography for a book.
5)To be introduced to new books through out the school year.
1) To be able to write a bibliography for various sources.
2) To be able to use the following databases and websites:Brittanica, Facts4Me, Fact Monster, Pebble Go, Tumblebooks and True Flix.
3) To be introduced to new books through out the school year.