Here is a list of skills/strategies we will work on for Reading:
- making connections with stories; has something in a story happened to you, do you know about certain concepts or places in the story.
- thinking about what happened while we read a story; asking questions about parts of a story; creating mental pictures while reading.
- Rhyming words; word parts that match;
- reality / fantasy parts of a story
- Identify characters/setting/sequence in a story
- create mental images for texts
- identify importance of information in text
- using inference to understand a story
- check for understanding as we read
- asking questions when we don't understand a text
- fix up strategy-match word sounds to letters; use picture clues