Unit 2-Physical Science-Sources of Energy Notes
1. electrical energy-energy of moving charged particles
2. electric current-energy that moves through wires
Know the following:
1. The transfer of electrical energy through materials is electric current.
2. A complete path through which an electric current can pass is an elecetric circuit.
3. Energy that is present in moving objects is energy of motion.
4. In order for an electric current to transfer energy, the electric circuit must be complete.
5. A battery changes stored energy into electrical energy.
6. When electrical energy that powers such things as a ceiling fan is turned on, some of it changes to energy of motion.
7. The purpose of the wind turbine is to change energy of motion into electrical energy.