Week 7: May 4th-8th 2020 Lessons
When you email me a picture of your art work at firstname.lastname@example.org, make sure you include your First and Last Name, Teacher's Name, and Grade.
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's Fourth Grade Online Lessons:
Sun & Moon Design:
In this lesson Fourth Grade will be drawing a Sun & Moon Design.
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do).
- Hold the paper vertically or horizontally.
- Divide the paper in half vertically, horizontally, or diagonally.
- On one part of the paper, draw a large circle.
- On the other part of the paper, draw another large circle.
- One circle is the sun.
- One circle is the moon.
- When you think of the sun, draw those shapes and designs, like "rays of the sun".
- When you think of the moon, draw those shapes and designs, like "stars in the sky".
- Draw patterned shapes to create a design around the sun.
- Draw patterned shapes to create a design around the moon.
- Shape Examples: squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, diamonds, ovals, stars, and hearts.
- Once you are done drawing your sun, color it in completely using warm colors.
- Once you are done drawing your moon, color it in completely using cool colors.
- Warm colors: red, orange, yellow.
- Cool colors: blue, purple, green.
- You may color the drawing in crayon, magic markers, color pencils or oil pastels (whatever supplies you have at home).
- Use as many colors as you like for your drawing.
- I can't wait to see the beautiful Sun and Moon Design!
Remember: once you are finished with your artwork take a picture of it and email it to email@example.com. Include the students name and teacher's name and grade. I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here are Examples:
Have fun creating your Sun & Moon Design.