Week 7: May 4th-8th 2020 Lessons
When you email me a picture of your art work at email@example.com, make sure you include your First and Last Name, Teacher's Name, and Grade.
Welcome to Mr. Herzog's Second Grade Online Lessons:
The Henri Matisse Silly Cups:
In this lesson Second Grade will be drawing a silly cup that may be found in a Henri Matisse's paintings. Before we start let's watch this video about Henri Matisse:
Art with Mati & Dada-Henri Mattise
Please read through instructions before you begin:
- Use a 8 1/2" x 11" white piece of paper (any paper will do).
- Hold the paper vertically.
- Draw a cup in the center of the paper (see examples).
- Draw a large oval underneath of the cup creating a saucer.
- Draw wallpaper-patterned shapes to create a background design (see example).
- Draw tablecloth-patterned shapes to create a tablecloth design (see example).
- Shape Examples:
- squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, diamonds, ovals, stars, and hearts.
- Once you are done drawing your cup and saucer, color them in completely using various colors.
- You may color the silly cup drawing in crayon, magic markers, or color pencils (whatever supplies you have at home).
- Use as many colors as you like for your drawing.
- I can't wait to see the beautiful Henri Matisse's Silly Cup!
Remember: once you are finished with your artwork take a picture of it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the students name and teacher's name and grade. I will post it on Bells Online Art Gallery.
Here are Examples:
Have fun creating your Henri Matisse Silly Cups.