- Comprehensive language arts literacy program in grades kindergarten through fifth grade
- World Language program that includes instruction in Spanish to all students in grades 3 and 4
- Fifth grade students study French and German, in addition to Spanish. Students are introduced to comparative languages.
- An inquiry-based science program that engages students through experimentation and hands-on activities
- A standards-based education with an emphasis on literacy
- Gifted education is provided through the Talented and Gifted program for students in grades 3-5 (TAG)
- Weekly instruction in music, art, library skills, computer literacy, and physical education is provided by Specialists.
- Vocal, instrumental, and string music programs
- An award-winning technology education program
- "Live" broadcasts for morning news with our elementary students as news anchors
- Innovative use of technology, including web quests, web hunts, distance learning
- Use of sign language at the kindergarten level as a literacy strategy.
- Integrated speech, language, and literacy instruction at the kindergarten level through the combined efforts of the literacy specialist, speech specialist, and classroom teacher
- Multi-age class cited as exemplary model of collaborative education and acknowledged as Best Practice by the New Jersey Department of Education
- Cooperative efforts between the schools and community, including START instruction through the effort of the Washington Township Police Department and fire safety simulation training through the Washington Township Fire Department.
- Annual musical concerts and art shows
- School-based character education and guidance programs that include conflict resolution skills.
- Community partnership with Duffields' Farm for hands-on experiences in life science for third grade students.
- Collaborative projects with Washington Township High School students
- All elementary staff have been trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver.
- English as a Second Language students, their parents, and teachers participate in the district's annual International Night celebration.
- The Waterford Early Reading computerized program assists our beginning readers in decoding. fluency, and comprehension
- Students participate in Fast ForWord computerized programming to boost achievement in literacy.
- Reading and math specialists provide basic skills' support to help our elementary children reach high levels of achievement
- Professional partnerships with Rowan University provide professional development and research-based instructional practices and methodologies.
- All students in first through fifth grade attend a professional theatrical performance at the district's Center for the Performing Arts.
- Elementary students participate in Good Morning Math, Working Writers, and Get Set as a before-school or after-school initiative designed to boost student achievement in literacy and math.