Attention Parent or Guardian, and 5th grade Drama Club Participant,
Your 5th grade student has expressed an interest in participating in the Wedgwood Drama Club. This year we will be performing a musical entitled The Grunch. Please review the information below and if you agree to the terms as stated, please sign and return the permission slip by Friday, December 22, 2017. Permission slips will not be accepted after the deadline so please be prompt in their return.
Please read the following information and complete the attached Emergency Contact/Permission Slip and return by 12/22/17.
- I encourage you to view the Youtube video of the production to see if it is something you are interested in committing to. You will find a link to it under the Teacher Pages, Drama Club. At your audition, you will be asked which part you are interested in, but you may be cast in an alternate role. Casting is at the discretion of the directors.
- There are several individual Speaking/Singing Parts if interested in auditioning for one of these, please get a Monologue from Mrs. Crum.
- There are ensemble parts available that allow you to be on stage without having any individual lines.
- There are behind the scenes parts that you may want to consider as part of the Stage Crew.
- On the Permission Slip please indicate what you are interested in doing as a part of the club.
- You will choose an audition date. All actors, regardless of whether you want a speaking part or not, must come to one of the auditions. This will allow us to cast for the ensemble as well. I will try to accommodate everyone’s schedule.
- Rehearsals will be on Wednesdays and Thursdays. A detailed calendar will be provided and also available on the Drama Club Web Page. https://www.wtps.org/Domain/2713
- Students are to be respectful to all participants and the facility. Discipline problems will result in removal from the program
- Assume responsibility for the safety and welfare of your child by providing for his/her safe transportation to and from events. No one is permitted to walk home unless escorted by a caregiver.
- Must pick your child up, or drop off promptly at the scheduled times.
- Participants may enter the building by the main door.
- Are not allowed into rehearsals, please wait outside for your child to exit the building.
- Must provide your child with anything necessary for costuming associated with their designated role.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com Please include Drama Club and your students name in the subject. My direct phone line is 856-218-0957 ext#3712
I look forward to working with you all!