The School Nurse
What your school nurse does:
- Ensure that all students have fulfilled immunizations and physical exams as required by New Jersey State law.
- Screen and record all students' height, weight, vision, hearing, blood pressure according to board policy.
- Check students for scoliosis beginning at age 10.
- Administer prescription medication/over the counter medication in school to students provided these following conditions are met:
1) medication must be in original container;
2) medication must be labeled with child's name, medication name, dosage and
3) WTPS Request for Pupil Medication to be Taken at School complete with physician
and parent signature. This applies to prescription as well as over-the-counter
medication (i.e. Tylenol, Motrin, Benadryl, Tums, cough drops).
- Administer first aid when needed during school hours under guidelines set up under the school physician.
- Communicate with parents if a student is ill or seriously injured.
- Act as a health education resource.
What your school nurse can not do:
- Diagnose or treat illnesses or serious injuries
- Give any medication, including over the counter, not prescribed by a doctor
- Replace good medical care from a family heath care provider
If you have any questions or need to contact me, please call (856) 589-7459, ext. 4030.
Welcome to the Hurffville Elementary School Health Office eBoard! Health Office services help to support your child’s educational success. This eBoard includes answers to common questions and areas of interest for parents, including information on many health conditions that may affect your family. You will find information on School Health policies and be able to access the proper forms for physicals and the administration of medications in school. Please feel free to stop by the Health Office, email, or call with any concerns you may have. I look forward to working with you to provide a safe and healthy learning experience for your child.
Hurffville School Nurse
Attendance line: 856-256-8015