FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BENEFITSContact: Dawn McCann, Health Benefits Coordinator(856) 589-6644 x66041. What are our insurance carriers and phone numbers?
- AmeriHealth Insurance – Phone number 1-888-968-7241
- Horizon Prescription – Phone number 1-800-355-2583
- Horizon Dental – 1-800-355-2583
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP) short-term confidential counseling services – 1-856-881-1666/toll free: 1-866-614-7989
2. Does my health insurance have a vision benefit?
- Open Choice (PPO) and Managed Choice (POS) includes vision
- Vision benefit is administered by Davis Vision - Phone number 1-888-968-7241
3. If I do not enroll in benefits and do the waiver reimbursement, when can I enroll in Health insurance?
- At the time of your spouse’s involuntary loss of insurance
- During Open Enrollment
4. How long are dependents covered?
- Medical Insurance - At the end of the month your dependent turns 26.
- Prescription – At the end of the month your dependent turns 26.
- Dental – At the end of the month your dependent turns 19 or (if dependent has a full-time student status (12 credits) and under the age of 23.
5. When is Open Enrollment
- Annual Open Enrollment is held June 1st to June 30th.
6. When can my enrollments change?
- Birth of child, adoption or change in custody of child
- Marriage, divorce or separation
- Death of spouse or child
- Spouse’s involuntary loss of coverage
- A dependent’s loss of eligibility
7. What is verification of dependency? (see link to print forms)
- Dental - Horizon
8. How can I obtain claim forms, mail order envelopes and vision forms?
- Claim Forms - www.amerihealth.com
- Mail Order Prescription - https://www.horizonblue.com/sites/default/files/2017-02/Horizon%20New%20Jersey%20Prescription%20Order%20Form.pdf
9. What is a Family Leave?
- Health insurance paid by the district for up to 12 weeks for Child Care Leave, Medical Leave or Caring for a Family Member
- For specific information on the different leaves, please contact Dawn McCann, Ext. 6604
10. What is 125A Plan? Pre Tax?
- A section 125A plan allows you to pay out-of –pocket medical expenses, and dependent care from an after-tax basis to a pre-tax basis
- See brochure
11. When I retire when will my benefits end?
- Your benefits will end 30 days after date of retirement
12. If I resign how long will my benefits be active?
- If you resign during the school year, your benefits will end 30 days after resignation.
- If you resign at the end of the school year, your benefits end September 1st if you are a 10-month employee.
- If your are a 12-month employee your benefits will end 30 days after resignation
13. What is Cobra?
- Continuation of group health insurance coverage for you or your eligible dependents