Technology Education Department
Our Technology Education Department (grades 6-12) provides a state-of-the-art program in Design Technology and Pre-Engineering, Communication Technology, Construction and Materials Processing, and Electrical Technology and Robotics. These programs integrate academic knowledge with a Problem-Based-Learning methodology that supports critical thinking in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The Technology Education program is recognized as a model/exemplary program and demonstration site for Technology Education in the State of New Jersey.
Our Technology Education Program
- State-of-the-art fabrication facility for mechanical engineering and structural engineering studies
- Two state-of-the-art high school television production studios
- Communications lab featuring 30 computers for high end digital video editing, desktop publishing, and digital image manipulation.
- Information technology networking course offering Cisco certification
- Construction Technology/Materials Processing facilities that provide community service projects to the community
- Robotics laboratory equipped with programmable robotic arms, lathes, and milling machines
Advanced Level Courses
- Advanced Design and Technical Presentation
- Advanced Graphic Communications
- Advanced Telecommunications
- Advanced Material Processing and Production System.
- Pre-college engineering studies (Articulated with college credit through Camden County College)
- Technology Student Association
- District Technology Night
- On-going participation in local, regional, and state student competitions in television production, graphic communications, and drafting & design.