Our Family & Consumer Science Department offers studies in Consumerism, Personal Financial Literacy, Early Childhood, Human Development, Interpersonal Relationships, Food Science, Dietetics and Nutrition Housing & Interior Design, Apparels Construction, and Fashion Design. These programs offer universal and specific understandings that provide a well-rounded learning experience that meets the National Standards for FACS and the New Jersey Core Content Standards for 21st Century Life Skills and Careers.
- Two modern child care learning labs providing childcare services to the employees of Washington Twp. Public Schools.
- Offer three levels of culinary arts courses of study. Level 3 Culinary program students receive 3 college credits through a Tech Prep agreement with Camden County College.
- Three modern culinary arts laboratories
- Frequent guest speakers from both career schools and the industry
General Areas of Study
- Housing and Interior Design — a computer application-based design course that prepares students for continuing studies at the collegiate level.
- Consumer Skills for Independent Living — practical experience in personal finances and making sensible decisions as a consumer.
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- National organization that promotes personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Science education