You can use Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.
After you capture a snip, it's automatically copied to the Clipboard and the mark-up window. From the mark-up window, you can annotate, save, or share the snip. The following procedures explain how to use Snipping Tool.
To capture a snip
- Open Snipping Tool by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Snipping Tool, and then, in the list of results, click Snipping Tool.
- Click the arrow next to the New button, select Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen Snip from the list, and then select the area of your screen that you want to capture.
To save a snip
- After you capture a snip, click the Save Snip button in the mark-up window.
- In the Save As dialog box, enter a name for the snip, choose a location where to save the snip, and then click Save.
To share a snip
- After you capture a snip, click the arrow on the Send Snip button, and then select an option from the list.