Middle School Curriculum Overview
What Middle School Programs Distinguish Our School District?
- An eight period instructional day designed to provide students with a quality education reflective of New Jersey Student Learning Standards.
- A Student Learning Community approach to instruction designed to support middle school learners.
- A Standards-Based approach to English Language Arts.
- An articulated program of World Language instruction for grades 6-8 in which students elect to study either French, Spanish or German beginning in grade 6.
- Technology Education exploratory offerings in Introduction to Technology and Engineering, Invention and Innovation in STEM and Engineering Our World.
- An interdisciplinary Exploratory Arts Program in grades 6-8 which includes cycles of instruction in art, music, drama and performing arts and computer instruction and technology.
- A comprehensive program of Music Instruction for grades 6-8 including chorus, band and orchestra.
- Gifted and Talented programs including Humanities, Talented Art, Jr. Model U.N., and Jr. Mock Trial.
- The opportunity to pursue developmentally advanced academic programs in mathematics and science.
- Intramural sports programs.
- A range of extra-curricular activities to support student interests.
- A Tiered Level Support program in math and ELA.
- A comprehensive School Counseling program and Student Assistance Coordinator
- Availability of four computer labs in each building to support keyboarding instruction, computer literacy instruction, and classroom research.
- A full range of Special Education programming to meet student needs in the least restrictive environment.
- An Instructional Media Center equipped with computer work stations, electronic card catalog, on-line databases, Internet access and a variety of printed resources to facilitate student research and support student literacy.