National Honor SocietyThe National Honor Society is an organization in which the membership consists of intelligent and well-rounded high school student leaders, whose integrity and commitment to the edification of their community and school are evident and tangible.You cannot join NHS- You must be inducted. In order to be inducted, you must first be deemed academically eligible and then apply for membership by completing a Student Service & Leadership Resume that documents WTHS Activities, Community Service, Character, Leadership and a Personal Statement. Only Juniors and Seniors who are academically eligible may apply. However, if belonging to NHS is a goal of yours, your activities as a Freshman and Sophomore are critical.The qualifications for entry into the NHS are as follows:
Eligible students will receive a Letter of Eligibility in their school email anytime between the beginning of September to December of their Junior or Senior year.
- Non-rounded, weighted 90.0 cumulative GPA after 4 semesters as a Junior and after 6 semesters as a Senior.
- Maintenance of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 after induction. Upstanding character.
- Continuous, consistent evidence of service and leadership in grades 9 through 12.
- Membership in at least two extra-curricular activities per year for grades 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- Demonstration of leadership and good character in and out of the classroom.
For more information, please ask your school counselor; or you may email the NHS Advisors Alex Ackley (AAckley@wtps.org) and Shannon Molloy (SMolloy@wtps.org)