Scheduling Advisement8th Grade Open House is scheduled for November 13, 2020: Click here to view the 2021-2022 WTHS Counselor video presentationDuring the week of February 1, 2021, WTHS Counselors are holding virtual 8th Grade assemblies - Stay tuned for an email from your middle school: Click here to view the 2021-2022 Prezi PresentationScheduling Advisement individual student appointments will be occuring during the following tentative dates:
During scheduling advisement individual student appointments, school counselors develop a Personalized Student Learning Plan (PSLP) to include:
- Juniors - February 16th to March 5th
- Sophomores - March 8th to March 19th
- Freshmen - March 22nd to April 1st
- Incoming Freshmen - April 12th to April 23rd
- Courses & Credits - Courses for the upcoming school year based on New Jersey state requirements and individual interests such as prerequisites required for placement, waiver process, and dual credit courses
- Student Overview - Review of grades, GPA, attendance, standardized tests/scores, fee waivers (if applicable)
- Postsecondary Planning - Discussion regarding student's postsecondary school/career goals, Naviance career and college planning, co-curricular activities, and employment
8th Grade Parents:
- Questions - Contact your child's current Grade 8 Counselor. If you need additional assistance, you may contact the WTHS Counseling Office or tentatively assigned Grade 9 Counselor.
- Private School Students - Registration is held during the summer prior to the new school year and scheduling advisement appointments are held in August.