Scheduling AdvisementWTHS 8th Grade Open House will be held on Tuesday, November 14, 2023.8th Grade Parent/Student Scheduling Virtual Night is Thursday, March TBD, 2024 at 6:30pm: Click here for the flyer, click here for the Scheduling Advisement video, click here for the Scheduling Advisement presentation, click here for the 3-TBD-24 recording.Scheduling Advisement individual student appointments will be during the following dates:
- Juniors - February to March
- Sophomores - March
- Freshmen - March to April
- Incoming Freshmen - April
- Deadline for schedule changes is Wednesday, May 1, 2024
During scheduling advisement individual student appointments, school counselors develop a Personalized Student Learning Plan (PSLP) to include:
- Courses & Credits - Courses for the upcoming school year based on New Jersey state requirements and individual interests, such as prerequisites required for placement, waiver process, and dual credit courses
- Student Overview - Review of grades, GPA, NHS eligibility, attendance, standardized tests/scores, dual credit, fee waivers (if applicable)
- Postsecondary Planning - Discussion regarding student's postsecondary school/career goals, Naviance career and college planning, extraurricular activities, and employment
- Social Emotional/Wellness - Discuss personal strategies and Panorama survey results, if applicable
- Technology Etiquette - Discuss email and social media management
8th Grade Parents:
- Questions - Contact your child's current Grade 8 Counselor. If you need additional assistance, you may contact the WTHS Counseling Office or tentatively assigned Grade 9 Counselor.
- Private School Students - Registration is held during the summer prior to the new school year and scheduling advisement appointments are held in August.